Prerequisites: WAP54G has original Linksys firmware running.
- Note the hardware version of the router.
- Visit dd-wrt and download the corresponding firmware for your router.
- Go to TCP/IP settings and change your IP to 192.168.1.240/255.255.255.0
- Access the router from 192.168.1.245
- Reset the router to factory settings.
- Use username admin and a blank password to login to the router.
- Flash the router with the dd-wrt firmware according to the guidelines found on http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv3/index.php
- Un- and replug the powerchord.
- Access the router from 192.168.1.1 and configure it.